Terms & Conditions
For the purpose of these terms & conditions the following words shall have the following meanings:
(a) “The Company” shall mean Yorkshires Handyman.
(b) “The Customer” shall mean the person or organisation for whom the Company agrees to carry out works &/or supply materials.
The Handyman or Engineer or Tradesperson shall mean the representative appointed by the Company.
2.) Right to Refusal The Company reserves the right to refuse or decline work at its own discretion. Where the Company agrees to carry out works for the Customer those works shall be undertaken by the designated operative of Company at its absolute discretion.
3.) ‘By Time’ Charges. The total charge to the Customer shall consist of the cost of materials supplied by the Company (not exceeding the purchase price of materials + 30%) & the amount of time spent by the operative in carrying out works both onsite and offsite (including all reasonable time spent in obtaining unstocked materials) charged in accordance with the Company’s current half-hourly or hourly rates. The Customer shall only be charged for the time spent related to the Customer’s work, all other time, personal mobile calls etc. is non-chargeable. All charges are subject to VAT at the prevailing rate.
4.) FIXED PRICE WORK Fixed price work shall be given as a firm cost, (manifest errors exempted) including Labour & Materials. Terms and conditions relating specifically to the quoted work, including in some cases a payment schedule, will apply.
5.) Estimate Charges Where a written estimate has been supplied to the Customer the total charge to the Customer referred to in the estimate may be revised in the following circumstances:— (i) if after submission of the estimate the Customer instructs the Company (whether orally or in writing) to carry out additional works not referred to in the estimate. (ii) if after submission of the estimate there is an increase in the price of materials. (iii) if after submission of the estimate it is discovered that further works need to be carried out which were not anticipated when the estimate was prepared . (iv) if after submission of the estimate it is discovered that there was a manifest error when the estimate was prepared.
6.) Material Collection Collection of non-stock items is chargeable but: (a) Time must be kept to a minimum & reasonable. (b) If the collection time is likely to exceed 45 minutes the customer must be additionally informed of the circumstances.
7.) Payment The customer will provide us with details of a payment card (credit or debit) at the time the work is agreed and the customer agrees that we can debit this card in accordance with our charges. The payment card must have sufficient credit to cover all the charges. In the event that we are unable to charge your payment card for any reason, we reserve the right to cease work immediately.
8.) Invoices In the case that the Company has agreed invoice rems with a customer. The Invoice is due for payment within 30 days from the completion of the work.
9.) Attendance Where the date &/or time for works to be carried out is agreed by the Company with the Customer, then the Company shall use its best endeavours to ensure that the Handyman shall attend on the date & at the time agreed. However, the Company accepts no liability in respect of the non attendance or late attendance on site of the Handyman or for the late or non delivery of materials.
10.) Liability of Accounts The Customer shall accept sole liability to discharge the Company's account unless he/she discloses to the Company when initially instructing the Company to carry out work &/or supply materials that he/she is acting on behalf of a third party (including, but not limited to, a Limited Company or partnership) & receiving a written estimate) the name of the third party appears on the written estimate.
11.) Cancellation of formally agreed quoted work If the Customer cancels their instructions after formally accepting quoted work prior to any work being carried out or materials supplied then the Customer shall be liable for any related expenditure on both labour and materials. If, after the Company shall have carried out the works, the Customer is not wholly satisfied with the works then the Customer shall give notice in writing within 12 months to the Company & shall afford the Company, and its insurers, the opportunity of both inspecting such works, & carrying out any necessary remedial works if appropriate. The Customer accepts that if he fails to notify the Company as aforesaid then the Company shall not be liable in respect of any defects in the works carried out.
12.) Guarantees The Guarantee shall be for labour & materials supplied by the Company in respect of faulty workmanship or failed parts for 12 months from the date of completion. The Guarantee will become null & void if the work/appliance completed/supplied by the Company is: (a) Subject to misuse or negligence. (b) Repaired, modified or tampered with by anyone other than a Company operative. The Company will accept no liability for, or guarantee suitability, materials supplied by the Customer & will accept no liability for any consequential damage or fault. The company will not guarantee any work in respect of blockages in waste & drainage systems etc. The company will not guarantee any work undertaken on instruction from the customer & against the written or verbal advice of the Handyman. Work is guaranteed only in respect of work directly undertaken by the company & payment in full has been made. Any non-related faults arising from recommended work which has not been undertaken by the company will not be guaranteed. The company shall not be held liable or responsible for any damage or defect resulting from work not fully guaranteed or where recommended work has not been carried out. Work will not carry a guarantee where the customer has been notified by the Handyman either verbally or in writing of any other related work which requires attention.
13.) Gas Hazards The customer shall be solely liable for any hazardous situation in respect of GasSafe Regulations or Gas Warning Notice issued.
14.) Work on inferior installations Where the Company agrees to carry out works on installations of inferior quality or over ten years old at that date no warranty is given in respect of such works & the Company accepts no liability in respect of the effectiveness of such works or otherwise.
15.) GasSafe Registered Engineers Engineers operate under their own GasSafe Registration & as such are solely responsible for any Gas related work & subsequent liability.
16.) Waiver of Terms & Conditions These terms & conditions may not be released, discharged, supplemented, interpreted, varied or modified in any manner except by an instrument in writing by a duly authorised representative of the Company & by the Customer. Further, these terms & conditions shall prevail over any terms & conditions used by the Customer or contained or set out or referred to in any documentation sent by the Customer to the Company; by entering into a contact with the Company the Customer agrees irrevocably to waive the application of any such terms & conditions.
17.) Title of goods Title to any goods, supplied by the Company to the Customer shall not pass to the Customer but shall be retained by the Company until payment in full for such goods has been made by the Customer to the Company.
18.) Delays The Company shall not be liable for any delay or for the consequences of any delay in performing any of its obligations if such delay is due to any cause whatsoever beyond its reasonable control, & the Company shall be entitled to a reasonable extension of the time for performing such obligations.
19.) Work not carried out by the Company The Company shall only be liable for rectifying works completed by the Company & shall not be held responsible for ensuing damage or claims resulting from this or other work overlooked or subsequently requested & not undertaken at that time or undertaken by a third party.
20.) Governed by English Law These terms & conditions & all contacts awarded between the Company & Customer shall be governed & construed in accordance with English law & shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English law. GOLD SERVICE PLAN –
T&C’S (All below information supersedes any information found elsewhere relating to the gold service plan provided by Yorkshires handyman, information explains exactly what one job/call out includes for each service)
REPLACING INTEGRATED KITCHEN APPLIANCES:
- We will remove the old appliance and install the new one. (Dishwashers, Washing Machine, Oven (Only if compatible with 13amp plug, if additional electrical work is required there will be an additional charge) – We can help with what oven will work if needed. We can also take care of freestanding. Disposal of old appliance and waste will incur an additional charge of between £39-£99. We can also pick the appliance up for you for an additional charge if needed
Replacing/Fixing Broken Taps
- Most broken taps either need a support bracket fitting underneath the sink or a replacement washer, which may need to be ordered from the supplier depending on the manufacturer. If you can let us know the issue and tap manufacturer with a picture to email@example.com and we will contact you to arrange asap. If you want a replacement we need the tap to be there when we come round to install, we can source for you for an additional £20 which includes the time to order and collect. Hot water tap repair requires a specialist and is not included but installation of a new tap is subject to us receiving an image of under the sink where it is to be installed.
Hanging service & Blind installation
- Includes for 3 items. Including curtain poles, mirrors, bathroom accessories, installing to tiles, blinds etc We can also arrange to visit your property to measure up and order the blinds for you at an additional charge of £99 for up to 5 blinds, which includes the measuring and ordering, prior to visit it is best to have already ordered samples and to know exactly what you want, there are several very good online stores for blinds. Much better prices than the retail stores. Fitting charges for additional items from just £18.
Flat pack furniture assembly
- Up to 3 smaller items or 1 large ( Flat pack double wardrobe would be a large, bedside cabinet or small set of draws would be a small) If you can email exactly what you need us to assemble to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can confirm. Additional allowable large items will be charged at £39, small items at £25. Sliding wardrobe doors excluded from this offer, flat pack hinged doors and draws only.
Carpet & Upholstery cleaning - Includes a hallway landing and stairs, additional areas can be purchased but we must be told prior to the visit. If you can let us know the approximate size of the area, up to 3 rooms are included in the cost dependant on size. All Carpet & Upholstery cleaning is outsourced to a trusted specialist company and further payments will be made direct to them.
Outdoor care – Jet Washing, re-painting decking/fencing
- 4 hours is covered by one call out, any additional time needed is charged at £70 per half day or £135 for the full day plus cost of materials. We can source any materials/paint etc needed just let us know exactly what you want. If you need advice please just ask.
- Any decorating needs taken care of – 1 callout allows for the initial visit to few the job and a £90 reduction on the final bill.
Full professional car valeting service (Pick up and drop off)
- If you have a call out left and not sure what to use it for why not get a full professional valet. Includes pick up and drop off at your chosen location. Interior, exterior, engine – Includes everything a full professional valet would.
- The call out fee is 1 of your free jobs. The cost of materials and what’s needed to fix the issue is to be paid directly to the Locksmith. Removals & Delivery service
- We will include all services up to the value of £80 as one of your call outs, if you have a genuine quote from a limited registered company, email it through to us and we will beat it by 10% and knock £80 off.
- We will arrange the pick-up of your Dyson from your chosen location, service it for you and have it back to you within 5 working days as a maximum (we will aim for quicker)
Buy any two items from our store that cost below £150 and we will install them for you as one call-out.
Early bird slots – 7am-8am and evening slots 7-10pm will be subject to an additional £7.50/hour charge to be paid directly to the handyman/tradesperson attending (up to a maximum of 3 hours). Weekend visits for customers with one of our service plans are charged at the same rate, without the service plan there will be an additional charge of £20. We can arrange for our workmen to work through the evening on commercial properties, a supplement of £100 will be added to the price. Parking is charged at cost where applicable. Materials are charged at a 30% mark-up but no mark up will be added if your on one of our monthly payment options. If we arrive and are unable to carry out the work through no fault of our own, the minimum charge applicable to the booking will be applied. We’re here to provide every single customer with the best service possible, if for any reason your not 100% happy please let us know and we will do what we can to rectify.